Monday, February 1, 2010

The Flames Machine Took a Shit and Died

Photo cred to Herb

First of all the fact that this picture exists is incredible. Well there is no shortage of things to discuss about the Flames today. There is a reason why you shouldn't bring your phone out drinking, and Darryl Sutter can tell you all about that. A brief transcript of the conversation he must have had on Saturday night (red denotes Darryl while blue will be Burke):

"Hey Burkey, wazzzuuuup"

"Hi Darryl. Have you given any more thought to the Dion Phaneuf proposition?"

"Ahhhh, fuckem. Did I ever tellya the story how I met my wife.. I met 'er at a bar"

"Yeah Darryl... A couple of times you've mentioned it to me. But what about Phaneuf?"

"Dion? Celine Dion wecall'im HAHAHA *takes a drag of a cigarette*" (in the background, not to Burke) "HEY BOYS... whose got darts?"

"Darryl are you hacking smokes? Where did you go tonight?"

"I wazjust havin' a drinkypoo in the press box. Justa couple adrinks."

"Whatever man. Look, I need Brandon Prust for this to work. Let's talk"

"Prusty, I lovethekid. Y'know I traded him last year for Olli, then re-signedhim this summer. I lovethekid. I love'em"

"Ok Darryl. How about Hagman, Stajan, Mayers, and White for Prust, Phaneuf, and Kieth Aulie?"

"Throw in a firztrounder and you got yerself a deal. HAHAHA y'donthave one, I'm just FUCKIN' withya Burkey!"

"Darryl, you don't have one either. You gave it away in the Jokinen trade. Dude, have you really only had a couple of drinks tonight?"

EDIT: Prust was not part of this trade, but you get the point.

Well I'm sure you can extrapolate how the conversation finished from there. Anyways these are the new look Flames which is exciting to say the least. It's like watching the season start all over again almost. Interesting note: last year after the big Jokinen deal, we played the Flyers. Tonight the Flyers are in town again. So if you are looking for continuity there, then yes you're right. The Flames only make big trades days before games against Philly.


Scott Hartnell and Danny Briere @ practice

Game goes at 7:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment