Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tampa Slay; Flames lose

Maybe the slowest game I've watched all year. There are a couple things I've noticed watching the last few games with the new Flames.

1. Cory Sarich

Gotta love the attempted recovery
Cory Sarich has been fucking awful the last few games. Seeing him on the ice makes me feel sick. It's not at the point where he is comparable to an Ericsson/Zyuzin yet, but if he keeps playing like he is then it looks like I'll have a new scapegoat. Seriously, I never got why people liked him. Yeah he hit Marleau really hard in the playoffs a couple years back but that didn't really make up for the very average season he had, and it doesn't carry forward two years into the future.
Sicko hit but doesn't abate for anything

2. Jarome Iginla
 

I know in Calgary its illegal to say anything bad about Iginla (I'm pretty sure there is actually a law against it), but he is playing like complete shit right now. Don't even blame it on his new linemates either, the guy is getting out-muscled on the boards and can't make a pass or shot to save his life. Remember Stajan's sweet skate-to-stick goal against Carolina?

That was not a good pass by Iginla! If it was a decent pass Stajan wouldn't have had to reach out his leg and kick it to himself. I hope that by saying this I have to eat my words as Iginla goes on a tear down the stretch ending up with like 40 goals or something, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

3. Ales Kotalik

For the time being, I'm on Ales. He has surpassed my expectations the last couple of games, but that is probably because I didn't expect him to give a fuck when he played them. Instead he has been battling; giving a consistent effort, which is all I can really ask for. He got kicked out of the game against TB because he didn't have his fight strap tied down, but you can't really fault him, he didn't want to fight and doesn't ever to begin with. So I'll let him off the hook for now.

Blowing a 1-0 lead isn't anything to get too pissed off about and at least we got the loser point, so if my calculations hold correctly, its 29 more we need. Flames in Ottawa on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment