Thursday, February 4, 2010

Glenn Beck; Flames Win

Glen....cross....get it?

Realistically the score of this game makes sense. The Flames should have delivered a whippin' to the boys from Carolina, but when it comes to teams the Flames "should" beat, I don't take anything for granted anymore. I watched the first period online (illegal?) and some of the second, right until Cory Sarich took a retarded interference penalty and then Pardy got called for a hook. These two events actually infuriated me to the point where I had to go downstairs and watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to calm down. I watched the one where the waitress gets married. It relieved my stress.
 
No, but I would watch a hockey game
A win like this shouldn't inspire hope in anybody though. This is a Flames team that is incredibly mediocre. Just how average? Let me put it in terms that are simple. The Flames have had the privilege of playing in the same division as the Oilers, they got to play the Leafs twice, and the Hurricanes once. Those are the three worst teams in the league. Calgary won every single game they played against those (terrible) teams, going 9-0-0. That means the Flames are 19-21-8 against the rest of the league. This should clear up any confusion:

Say it with her: cal-gah-ree. Mediocre. The Flames now have 64 points. The "Golden Standard" to make the playoffs is usually around 96 in the Western conference (that's for 8th seed). I'm no mathematician, but that means that the Flames need approximately 32 points to be assured a playoff spot. They have exactly 25 games left to play, which represents a possible 50 points. 32/50=64%. This means the Flames need to win about 2/3 of the rest of their games just in order to assure 8th seed. If you're religious, start praying now.
I know its a long video but it is one of the true classics on the internet
Florida and Tampa back-to-back for the weekend, and the games are actually televised. Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment