Friday, February 12, 2010

Round one; Flames lose

First of all, here is a picture of where I got to sit last night:

 

Section 120, row 8, seat 9. That is DEAD center ice. Never in my life have I had an opportunity to sit and watch the Flames that close. That was one of the coolest things that ever happened to me. Max and I got to the Avison Young Club and I was not disappointed by what I saw. Huge buffets, free Blaze magazines, hell even a coat check. But what impressed me the most is that people will actually take your order from your seat and then bring food to you. Almost makes it worth the $245 face value on the tickets.

If you thought the Flames were going to win last night you obviously forgot that it was a PPV game. This is starting to get ridiculous. There is one PPV game left this year in March against the Bruins, on a Saturday, with an 11:00am start time. I would be very interested to see the numbers on that one, especially if Calgary keeps losing games like this. At this point, it was not due to lack of effort that the puck didn't go in the net. I could see the players working their asses off, I was impressed. It's actually impossible to describe why the Flames can't score more than a goal a game.

Some funny shit did go down at the dome though. During the intermission they asked one lady where the 2010 Winter Olympics were being held. My god, the answer that she gave...I assumed she must have been in solitary confinement for the last year.

The correct answer to those keeping score is Vancouver. You know, the Vancouver 2010 Olympics? You might have heard something about them? Even Mario and Sonic know they're in Vancouver.
Donkey Kong is a sick goalie

This broad though, her answer, so priceless. She said China. The 2010 Olympic Winter Games are being held in China.


The Blaze magazines they were handing out were a joke too. They still listed all the old players, going as far as including an interview with Jokinen, and an interview with Sjostrom. That's just laziness. Does nobody check these magazines out after big trades are made? Some ice girl said her favorite Flame was Brandon Prust.  That just tells me he was the smartest guy on the team, wheeling the ice girls.

Didn't get too silly drunk because when you sit in the middle of a row at center ice, that is not something you do in club seats. However, in the 300-levels on Saturday, that could be a different story. See you then, Mr. Donsky.

No comments:

Post a Comment