Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Trade deadline extravaganza

If you're fucked off at Sutter and the rest of the Flames organization after today, take a number and wait in line.


This is Clint Eastwood. He starred in a movie called "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly". The same can be said about the moves the Flames made on deadline day.

The Good: CuMac to Anaheim for Vesa Toskala.


Darryl Sutter has a sick fascination with old Maple Leafs for some reason, and this is just further proof. When I heard that CuMac was headed out of town, I held hands with Sam Gratton anxiously awaiting what backup we were going to get. It was the gayest thing I did all day and I don't regret it one bit.

When you search "toskala" on youtube, the auto-complete suggestions are hilarious:


That is actually the funniest thing I've seen all day. The first suggestion is to look up a bad goal, then 197 foot goal, then funny. And here's the best part: he is going to be WAY better than CuMac!

I tried to do a search for CuMac on youtube, but I failed miserably at spelling his last name. The search engine picked up the Curtis part though, and the end result is brilliant:

So long, King Curtis

The Bad: Dustin Boyd to Nashville for a 4th-round pick. I'm probably only chapped about this because I always thought Boyd sort of looked like my brother.

But really was he not worth more than a 4th-round pick? I thought this was a guy who the organization coveted at one time.

The Ugly: Aaron Johnson to Edmonton for Steve Staios. How...how do you possibly explain this move?
Awkward

Johnson doesn't play at all for Calgary and he is UFA at the end of the season. Staios has another year on his contract for $2.2 million. The only way I could explain this is that he is going to replace Cory Sarich when he leaves for free agency this summer. Maybe that was justification enough? Still, I don't want no fuckin' Oiler on my team. EDIT: Cory Sarich still has two seasons on his contract. WHAT THE FUCK.

Well there is a game for Calgary against Minnesota tonight at 8:00pm. Won't see any of the new faces probably, but this game is big. I really can't focus on the game even. I'm just wondering what the fuck is going to happen to Darryl Sutter if the club doesn't make the playoffs.

1 comment:

  1. Domebeers.com likes your blog.

    Furthermore, I think Peter Loubardias should be fired.

    ReplyDelete