Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gameday March 25 @ NYI

Team photo 09/10


Detroit keeps winning, and even though they have the same number of wins as Calgary, its the OTLs that give them four more points on the 8th spot in the conference.


I always hated Dwayne Roloson, even when he was on the Flames. I remember when the tandem was Roli and Rick Tabaracci. I always wanted Tab to start when I was a kid, because his name was way more fun to say and my name was basically Rick. Anyways, because I hate the Oilers, and because I hate Roloson, I will never forget where I was when the above picture was taken.

That of course was in game one of the 2005-2006 Stanley Cup Finals, when Dwayne Roloson, who was literally ready to stop any shot sent at him those playoffs, was crippled by his own teammate. That was absolutely what cost Edmonton the cup that year, and it also made a southern city in Alberta the world's best Carolina Hurricanes fans.


Now, Dwayne Roloson is an Islander. The Oiler's who once coveted his services for three years turned their backs on him this summer, deciding to sign another 35 year old with a drinking problem in Khabibulin. And they are paying for it. Roloson's stats on the Islanders, the team with the worst record in the league last year, are dec. He is 22-17-6 with a .910 save%. Not too shabby, and I was surprised he wasn't moved at the deadline. I guess that's what happens when your General Manager is your ex-backup goaltender, but at this point who am I to make fun of another team's GM...

The Flames are not going to make the playoffs, but if you want a reason to watch the game, think about this: these last nine games are basically auditions for next year, which gives everyone something to play for. Plus its fun watching Roloson lose his temper.




2 comments:

  1. Hi, I thіnκ your website might be haνing bгowser compаtibility iѕsues.
    When I look at your blog site in Opеra, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Exрlоrer, іt
    haѕ some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, awеsome blog!

    My webрagе :: omega 3 fish oil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also
    am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; we have developed some nice practices and
    we are looking to swap techniques with others, be sure to shoot me an e-mail if
    interested.

    my web site ... Advertising campaign solution

    ReplyDelete