Thursday, March 4, 2010

Full-time fans

When I was in highschool, I watched hockey pretty closely. I used to have conversations with some kids who said that they loved hockey and the Flames, but whenever they got engaged in conversation it became clear these kids didn't know what the fuck they were talking about. I like to surround myself with good people, and so it came to be in a Physics 20 classroom that the full-time fans were established.


These were the boys who I knew I could talk hockey with anytime. I still see them from time to time, but things aren't like they used to be in highschool. Different cities, university, etc. But last night, I got a message on Facebook from one of the dudes. It just got me thinking about how much fun I used to have watching the Flames. Case in point? My Tony Amonte group on Facebook. I used to love watching that team and those guys go out on the ice and battle hard.

The Flames fucking suck. It is so hard to go from watching Olympic hockey to the game they played last night. Between the fucked up trades and the general lack of guts these players have, my patience is wearing pretty thin. I think I have discovered the reason for the poor performances though:

I'll take full responsibility for the failures of the Flames this season. I didn't really watch the game last night due to $12 pitchers so that is likely why this post is incoherent and lacking any flow whatsoever. God damn, did I miss Loubardias though. Seriously, when I watched the Flames throughout all of highschool on Sportsnet West, Roger Millions did the play-by-play and he was fucking fantastic. Now he does the pre-game shit on the ice before puck drop. Is that a promotion or a demotion? Because if he got demoted, I want to know what for. I know it wasn't for the cocksucker thing because that happened last year when we got our first taste of Sweet Lou.

In case you still give a fuck, the Flames play again on Friday against the Devils in Calgary. They have 69 points and 19 games left, which means they can earn a maximum of 38 more points. I've said before that 96pts is supposed to be the magic number to make it in the Western Conference. They need to win 14 of their remaining 19 games to get those points. Golf Flames Golf!

3 comments:

  1. Update your blog or else I'm gonna rip off your head and shit down your neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuck superstition Iginla is GOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iginla peddles crack cocaine to school children

    ReplyDelete